Frequently Asked Questions



Q – Is Lyng Community Association part of Sandwell Council?

A – Lyng Community Association (L.C.A.)  is an independent housing association that is registered as a social landlord and as a charity.  We do however work in partnership with the Council on things like lettings and the Council funded the first 86 homes build by the L.C.A.

Q – Who Is My Housing Officer?

A- Lyng Community Association’s Housing Officer is Stuart Cant

Q – How can I apply for a home on the Lyng estate?

A – Our properties are extremely popular and we no longer keep a waiting list for new applicants. To apply for a home on the Lyng estate you need to join the Choice Based Lettings Scheme run by Sandwell Homes.  You can apply here:-


Q – I am a tenant of the Lyng already – how can I apply for a transfer?

A – We do keep a transfer waiting list for existing tenants – please phone us on 0121 525 5969 and ask for a transfer application form. Our Housing Officer will be happy to explain how the process works.

Q – How do I report a repair ?

A – Please phone us on 0121 525 5969,  or e-mail us on tnash.lca@btconnect.com or call into the office at 3 Frank Fisher Way between 10am and 4.00pm.

If you have an EMERGENCY REPAIR – please phone 0300 333 6540


Q – What activities are offered by the Community Development Service?

A. –  Here is the list of current weekly activities –  https://lyng.org.uk/community-development/    the arrangements do change occasionally or stop for holiday periods so always phone us on 0121 525 5969 to check the activity is running

We also run, a community allotment, a Youth Project (with a grant from Children in Need), estate clean ups, road safety sessions, craft sessions for children, a summer play scheme, Xmas shopping trips, annual estate seaside outing (Barry, Southport, Blackpool or Weston) as well as first aid training for parents, food hygiene courses and courses designed to help people get into childcare or care professions.



Translate »